Congratulations are in order for three ICanWork4U Job Seekers who are now officially employed!
As you know our goal is to create 1000 jobs in the next twelve months.
Here is a list of what we did over the past two weeks to get our ICanWork4U members working!
1. We started a Google Adwords campaign advertising our members’ availability for work. We are starting by targeting employers in the Galway area of Ireland as it is our beta test market (although the site is open for members worldwide). By advertising on Google we can attract more employers to the website to get them to add more job vacancies to the website.
If you are an employer reading this…
Benefits of signing up as an employer on Icanwork4u.com:
1.Search for available staff within 3K of your location
2.Its a FREE Job Ad listing
3. You can browse job seekers by category eg: retail manager, web developer, carpenter, painter, child minder etc.
2. To demonstrate and promote the website to both job seekers and employers, we set up a stand at the busy Salthill, Galway Volvo village for two days giving out information on the site. We managed to get two relatively dry days and all of the people we spoke to gave positive feed back.
3. We hired a marketing professional to market icanwork4u.com to potential employers over the next 6 weeks. We are now on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and are blogging using WordPress! The numbers of fans and followers are going up everyday and we have put up five jobs in the last week from companies who spotted us on Facebook!
4. We visited dozens of Galway businesses and demonstrated what we are about, showcasing our members’ profiles. Afterwards we listed 12 new jobs in our job vacancy section.
5. We made our first industry mail out request to the Galway vintners to attract new job vacancies on the site.
1. We improved the website’s user interface by changing the ‘Job Seekers’ profile icon bubble so potential employers seeking more information from you can now send you a message and add an optional contact name box.
2. We made it easier for employers to add a job vacancy to ICanWork4U by fixing some bugs in the registration process.
3. We added new images to represent different job seeker categories. You will start to see different user icons for different job areas such as child care, nursing, hair dressing, IT, etc. You will still see black grey icons, but they are being updated to new category icons.
Career Guidance Professionals
We are in talks with CV preparation and interview experts to offer services to our members. We hope to have a networking event in the next coming weeks to help employers and job seekers come together as well as discuss further ways to create jobs.
We Are Open to Suggestions
We will continue in our efforts to find our members work, with several advertising approaches in the coming weeks.
If you wish to contact us with any comments or suggestions please do so using the “contact us” link at the bottom of the home page on Icanwork4u.com
You can still register for Free as a job seeker, service provider or employer at icanwork4u.com.